Friday, October 24, 2008

Hong Kong - Day 1

OK, well, I finally got a good connection to the internet. So, I have uploaded pictures from the past three days.
All of the post have more pictures on the online album.
Assuming we can find an adapter for our US plug for the computer, I will be able to post things everynight.

We arrived safely in Hong Kong Today. We had a wonderful flight, and a ferry ride over to Chong Chou. So, we are here at Bethany house, looking forward to some relaxing times.
Hopefully, I'll get an adapter before tonight, and will be able to post a real post tonight, if not, so long for now.
-Aaron

Update: I got an adapter for the laptop, so I will be able to post things all week. I just realized that I said just about everything that we did today. So, I'm just going to update this post with some pictures.


A view of the new Beijing Airport
From China Day 29


Inside
From China Day 29



The driver on the right side....so weird
From China Day 29



There are some pretty mountains. This gondola goes up to the big Buddha
From China Day 29



The longest suspension bridge in the world
From China Day 29



This is the current tallest building in Hong Kong, the IFC. Another building is being built right now that will be taller.
From China Day 29



On Chuegn Chou island
From China Day 29



A beach! We've been told that the water is really nice.
From China Day 29




In the train
From Chinglish



It's a light switch, although you might not know it
From Chinglish

2 comments:

~LEMONDROPS said...

The bridge is beautiful. I did not know the longest suspension bridge was in Hong Kong.

LOVE the Chinglish. What would stabling be? That is so funny. I suppose calling the light by flipping the switch makes sense. It's at least much more poetic than flipping the switch. :)

So when ARE you guys coming home?

Anonymous said...

We are coming home on the 30. But pretty much directly after we get home we are leaving again. For David's graduation. :)
-Katherine