Saturday, October 4, 2008

China - Day 9

We did pretty much nothing today...This was our rest day after our big Great Wall adventure. I sat around on the computer for most of the day, doing random things. My mom, Katherine, and a few of the other people around here (I say that, because there were three other families represented, and I don't want to type that much, nor do I know how to spell) went out to shop for some cloths.

I don't really know much about that, except that they came back with some scarves, Chinese books, score paper (in case I want to compose something?), Chinese writing paper, and some french bread. I also know that they thought they were coming back at 12:00 but came back at 2:00 instead. Anyway, I think that they all had a good time.

We went to dinner with another family tonight. I really don't who, or why we went, but I'm sure it was important. See, I was at the "kids" table, and didn't really listen to what the adults were saying. I also did not really ask anyone what was going on. So, that is why I am oblivious to certain details.

That was our day. Not quite as interesting as yesterday, I know, but it was a good day none the less. Tomorrow is Sunday. I don't know where we are going for church. It is either going to be the east branch of the church we went to last week, or it will be a different church that some one we met recently goes to. Hopefully, the service will be good either way. Other than that, I don't know what the day holds for us. It has been a real learning experience in China. We are building relationships, learning about China, and even working out a little...It's been great!
-Aaron

A photo I took the day we got into Beijing. The sun was just slipping past the horizon.
From Great Wall

3 comments:

pinklilypad said...

Aunt Donna and Uncle Tucker are visiting Jon and Laura in Georgia. Jon just returned from his trip to Shanghai on the 777--you should compare notes on China sometime! Thanks for keeping us posted on your travels!

Chris said...

Thanks for reading our blog! We would love to compare notes sometime.

~LEMONDROPS said...

Beautiful picture.