Friday, October 31, 2008

HSH (Home Sweet Home)

5:02am
Katherine here...
Here we are back in Petaluma! Wow. It feels so different.
Yesterday morning we all got up and got ready to leave (we did most of our packing the night before). We were off the island by 10:45am; and at the airport ready to board the plane (after all the security and immigration...) by 12:45pm. We had lunch at the airport, for ridiculously high prices. I would have thought we were in America if I hadn't known we were in Hong Kong. :)
Around 2:10pm we started boarding and the plane took off at 2:45pm. The plane ride was nice. We watched lots of movies. I never once fell asleep. :}
When we got into the SFO airport we were all pretty tired... we got through without a hitch and were out of the airport by 12:30pm. Please note that we got into the SFO airport (at 11am) "before" we left the HKG airport, and on the same day.
We stopped by Costco in Novato and after that I don't know what happpened because I was fast asleep, and did not wake up until the middle of last night. I woke up and fell back asleep on and off about four or five times! Finally at 1:50am this morning I gave up and got out of bed. Danny came with me to the kitchen, and a few minutes later my parents joined us. After all, it was our day time. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the dreaded jet lag.
Aaron is still asleep, but the rest of us are WIDE awake. It is going to be a... sleepy.... day.
-Katherine

No comments: