Sunday, October 12, 2008

Note from Katherine, China Day 16

Hello :)
Aaron already told you most of what we did yesterday (or all of what we did) so I will make this short.
-Morning: We ate breakfast in this hotel, since it comes with the room. went back to the room to get ready for the day.
-Morning through 12:30: We went to the Zhengzhou -pronounced jungjo- international convention centre (centre seems to be the way to spell center here.) with our driver. There was a large pond/lake there with lots of little fishes (did you know fishes IS a word). We bought fish food from a lady there, and fed 'em good... when we ran out of fish food we got creative and used our pop corn as food, I think the fish would have eaten lead... because thay even ate the yam skin we threw them!
The popped corn here is very yummy, because it is all "kettle corn," there is no such thing as "salty" popped corn here.
-Afternoon: We hopped in the car... when we got to the Ostrich farm it was about 1:00pm. We payed 30 Yuan to get tickets, and then wwent in. There were some really fun "parks" all around the farm, and they are sadly extinct in America:(
Dad and I went horseback riding when we came in... but the horses! They were terrible, we did not have to ride with anyone though, they give you a horse and you ride around a short path (not too short though) and then bring the horse back to the tie.
We did many things in between but the next interesting thing we did was RIDE OSTRICHES! It was just a very short circle but I'm sooooo glad the circle was short because the Ostrich ride was not very fun.~:
OK, skipping to very end.

I wanted to ride the horses again so we went back to them and Danny and I both got a horse. Mom told the owners we could ride pretty well... and they believed her, so we got on the horses. They ran with the horses to get them started, and the horses were VERY fast. They started galloping! They also stayed galloping the entire way. It was SO fun, Danny and I were side by side for a tiny bit, then he was in front, then I was in front. The horses thought they were racing, when Danny's passed me, mine started speeding up. It was not a hand gallop... :)
The horses galloped right up to the bar and then stopped abruptly. We had a blast.
When we got back Danny and I had a nice time in the jacuzi with lots of bubbles "my bubbles."
Then 'zzzzzzzzzzz' Bed.
Today was nice. But I'll let Aaron tell you about that.
-Katherine

2 comments:

The Gomez Family said...

It's fun to hear from different members of the family! Thanks for all your posts - I feel like we're almost there with you as I read it.
Take care!
Kim

~LEMONDROPS said...

Hi Katherine! It is nice to hear from you, too! Yes, sadly, many fun things are extinct in America due to lack of personal responsibility. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the tailored clothing I've been reading about.