Monday, September 22, 2008

Update

Well, we were going to go to the Taipei Gorge today. It was going to be a couple day trip that would wrap up out time in Taipei, but due to some circumstances we changed our plans.

Here is the "circumstance" that made us change our minds. This is typhoon Hagupit. Now, it is not going to hit Taiwan. Thankfully, it will go in between Taiwan and that other island below it (yeah, I don't know geography). We will get some of the orange rain and wind though. So, we decided to not go driving in the mountains with hairpin turns. We noticed that the wind did kick up a little today, even in Taipei. So, that confirmed that we did not want to be driving around today or tomorrow. In any case, we are going to go to the zoo instead, which should lend itself to some good photos.
-Aaron

For those who are as inept as I am when it comes to geography, Taiwan is the island right at the tip of the blue, the upper left. The one that is half exposed is Taiwan... It is right next to the big piece of land that is China... If you folded the picture in half vertically, and in thirds horizontally. It would be at the point (1/2, 2/3), approximately... Whatever.


5 comments:

~LEMONDROPS said...

OK, here I am. I forgot that a couple years ago I made a blogspot to comment and I never used it.

I was reading this post and hadn't scrolled down enough to see your map when I read about Taipai receiving some of the orange rain. You don't know how many times I re-read that. Orange rain. Orange rain. The rain is orange in Taiwan? Or, is it just typhoon rain that is orange? I finally gave up and thought I'd ask later so I scrolled down and saw the map and felt like an idiot. But I laughed, and laughing is good.

~LEMONDROPS said...

That was my first ever blogspot comment and I didn't realize my name wouldn't be on it. Can you guess who would be silly enough to consider there might be orange rain? ;)

Rebecca said...

Your origami/mathematic mind totally comes out in the last sentence of this post. =)

Aaron said...

Well, it couldn't be Mrs. Rutledge.... :) Yes, leaughing is good, we all need to laugh sometimes.

Yeah, well, I kinda just made a joke out of the location thing. I mean in reality, on the vertical axis, Taiwan is not at 1/2.

~LEMONDROPS said...

It couldn't be me, huh? Well, I'll take that as you thinking I would never be such an idiot as to think there could possibly be orange rain.