Sunday, September 21, 2008

Katherine's hair salon experience




Katherine's Hair Cut in a Taiwanese Hair Salon:)

Please note that this post is mainly for ladies.


Well yes, I did get my hair cut and shampooed at a hair salon. It cost 269 NT (which is about eight dollars). First I sat down in a "special" chair, then I had about a five minute wait until "my" hair dresser came in, then she asked my mom if I wanted it layered, my mom had to translate for me:)I didn't want it layered so she asked if I wanted it tapered, that sounded nice so I said yes. She had two hair clips which she clipped up part of my hair,. Then she took some of my loooooooong hair, and with her scissers she went 'snip snip' and goobye hair:)!!! It seemed like she just chose random pieces of hair to cut, but it turned out nice. The hair cutting took about half an hour! By the way, my hair almost looks Japenese now! After she was done doing away with my hair, I went over to this really comfortable chair that had a special sink by it (or attached to it, I think), I sat down and laid my head back into the sink. She started washing my hair by soaking it with water (somehow), then she put shampooe in my hair, and started massaging my head, it felt sooooooo good that I almost fell asleep (not really of course). My hair dresser rinsed off my hair and re shampooed it a couple times, I think. After the shampooeing and massageing of my hair and head, I went back to my first chair, then my H.D. used a comb, a really interesting brush which I would like, and a hair dryer to dry my hair.
TADA! All done; my hair is right below my shoulders now, except for some in the very middle of my hair because it is tapered. you will see pictures soon I'm sure.

Katherine

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Katherine you are a doll!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experience and look forward to seeing pictures of your new do. =)

Kathryn Rachelle said...

Katherine - my response is both profound and meaningful - beautiful hairstyle! Love, K.