Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Food - Decorative

Well, of course everyone wants to know what it is people eat in Asia...We've only had one meal so far, and that was in a tea house. As it turns out, this was a vegetarian shop, so there was no meat to be had. The food was more decorative than filling, but it tasted OK. Of course, it is weird tasting, nothing like US food, but it just takes a little readjusting of your taste buds.
(Note: I began this one the first day of our trip, which is why the tenses are how they are)
This was just one meal though. The other categories that I am going to write are about the night market food, restaurant food, and dessert.
-Aaron

These were cucumbers. I don't really know what was done to them, but they tasted a little funny.















This was dofu, or tofu if you prefer.














I forget what was under that goo, but anyway, it tasted pretty sweet, but it had a weird texture.














Eating it...



1 comment:

~LEMONDROPS said...

The presentation was very, very pretty, even if the taste buds did need a little adjusting. I like the way you put that - readjusting the tastebuds. I need to remember that because it's very true.